- (11/14) Getting output from shell_exec() at all timesTAGS:Web ProgrammingWeb Server Admin
- (06/12) View Layer - Getting count of Entities in View in Cakephp 3TAGS:CakephpCake3
- (05/23) Changing URL in beforeRedirect() in Component - Cakephp 3TAGS:CakephpCake3Web Programming
- (01/28) Foundation CSS Framework ResourcesTAGS:FoundationCss
- (01/27) Change View File from Controller in CakePHP 3TAGS:CakephpCake3UsageWeb Programming
- (01/13) Loading Model/Table Anywhere in Cake3TAGS:Cake3Cakephp
- (10/06) CURL PHP 5.5 Issue on Windows (Using Twilio SDK)
Subscribe to my feed
Truncate Tagged Blog Posts
Posted on 06/23/2010 at 02:30 pm | Viewed 19,246 times | 1 comment
I use Navicat for administering all of my MySQL databases. It has a command that I always use- empty table. I noticed today that all along there has been a command right below it for truncate table. Hmmm. I figured this would result in the same outcome and wondered what the difference is between emptying a mysql table and truncating the same table.
Posted on 09/08/2009 at 09:31 pm | Viewed 9,477 times | 0 comments
If you haven't checked out CakePHP's Flay class, check it out. It's one of the best utility classes for text output in CakePHP.
I just noticed that my blog was using the same META description for all of my blog entries- not good for SEO. Instead, I want to pull a fragment of the article copy and use that as my META description. I currently use this convoluted way to get my summaries from the article copy, so I decided to try using the Flay class. I've used it before but I'm glad I revisited it... it's amazing!
Posted on 04/16/2009 at 02:42 pm | Viewed 23,672 times | 0 comments
I needed to be able to upload an excel file, parse the file, and then add each row as a separate database entry. I had this working for a CSV file using the php built-in function fgetcsv(), but the client switched to using an excel file (instead of direct PHP access to the in-house database, we decided to have the client upload a CSV/Excel file).
Full Tag List
- Web Programming
- Site Avenger
- Empty Table
- Graphic Design
- Internet Marketing
- From The Hip
- Midcoast Magnet
- User Group
- Web Server Admin
- 404 Errors
- Web Design
- Internet Explorer
- Forum Answers
- Cakephp 13
- Jquery Ui
- Quick Tip