- (11/14) Getting output from shell_exec() at all timesTAGS:Web ProgrammingWeb Server Admin
- (06/12) View Layer - Getting count of Entities in View in Cakephp 3TAGS:CakephpCake3
- (05/23) Changing URL in beforeRedirect() in Component - Cakephp 3TAGS:CakephpCake3Web Programming
- (01/28) Foundation CSS Framework ResourcesTAGS:FoundationCss
- (01/27) Change View File from Controller in CakePHP 3TAGS:CakephpCake3UsageWeb Programming
- (01/13) Loading Model/Table Anywhere in Cake3TAGS:Cake3Cakephp
- (10/06) CURL PHP 5.5 Issue on Windows (Using Twilio SDK)
Subscribe to my feed
Htaccess Tagged Blog Posts
Posted on 08/06/2009 at 02:38 pm | Viewed 26,578 times | 7 comments
I can't believe it! I spent hours trying to get the mod_rewrite rules working in .htaccess on Network Solutions' servers. Everything I tried didn't work. Using the default .htaccess (from Cake distribution) failed. I've used the distribution on several servers and never had any issue with the rewrite rules. However, Network Solutions's mod_rewrite works differently than [all] other servers.
Posted on 05/13/2009 at 12:15 pm | Viewed 7,193 times | 0 comments
A big pain- you can't just name a file .htaccess through Windows Explorer. It complains that you need to supply a name! No problem.
Here's how you can name a file .htaccess (only tested on Notepad, though hopefully it will work on more):
- Load up your file in Notepad or create a new file in Notepad
- Add your .htaccess declarations
- File > Save As
- In the filename text box put ".htaccess" - with the double quotes (".htaccess" exactly)
- In the filetype select box choose 'All Files'
- Save it!
Posted on 05/13/2009 at 12:09 pm | Viewed 7,867 times | 0 comments
When re-designing a site, or somehow being locked into a given web site structure that uses .html (or .htm) file extensions, it's a good idea to keep the file names the same (especially if the site has been around a while and has good search engine visibility). Think you can't use PHP on .html or .htm web pages? Think again. With apache it's as easy as modifying the .htaccess file.
Full Tag List
- Web Programming
- Site Avenger
- Empty Table
- Graphic Design
- Internet Marketing
- From The Hip
- Midcoast Magnet
- User Group
- Web Server Admin
- 404 Errors
- Web Design
- Internet Explorer
- Forum Answers
- Cakephp 13
- Jquery Ui
- Quick Tip