- (11/14) Getting output from shell_exec() at all timesTAGS:Web ProgrammingWeb Server Admin
- (06/12) View Layer - Getting count of Entities in View in Cakephp 3TAGS:CakephpCake3
- (05/23) Changing URL in beforeRedirect() in Component - Cakephp 3TAGS:CakephpCake3Web Programming
- (01/28) Foundation CSS Framework ResourcesTAGS:FoundationCss
- (01/27) Change View File from Controller in CakePHP 3TAGS:CakephpCake3UsageWeb Programming
- (01/13) Loading Model/Table Anywhere in Cake3TAGS:Cake3Cakephp
- (10/06) CURL PHP 5.5 Issue on Windows (Using Twilio SDK)
Subscribe to my feed
Posted on 04/17/2009 at 01:32 pm by Kevin Wentworth
Viewed 7,474 times | 0 comments
I thought there was an error in the paginator view helper. All of a sudden I could only sort a field ascending. I (again) did a little research and came across a great thread on the CakePHP Google Group (here). Basically, as of 1.2.8120, you need (or should) specify the ModelName in your sort() function. I had only been doing sort('id'), sort('name'). Now I am doing sort('ID', 'ModelName.id') and sort('Name', 'ModelName.name'). It's a little more work having to specify the label (otherwise it defaults to ModelName.field, instead of just field).
Hope this saves someone a bit of head scratching. Plus, I hope I remember this now that I've written a post about it.